- Application deadline for the 2013 Awards is October 17, 2012.
- Please note that all applications must be submitted in electronic format.
- Submit application form and all supporting materials or documents IN ONE PDF for each separate award.
- DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS IN ONE EMAIL.
- If you include a copy of a published article or research sample, it should not exceed five (5) pages; if longer, submit the article in text format or submit an abstract and article highlights.
- The total size of the PDF should not exceed 5MB.
- Send the file as an email attachment to Scholarships@asprs.org with the SHORT name of the award and your last name and a short description of the contents in the subject line IN UPPER CASE as indicated below. The application form PDF should also be named this way:
AWARD SHORT NAME_YOUR LAST NAME_CONTENTS OF FILE
for example: FISCHER_SMITH_ APPLICATION
- A fill and save version of the application form should be sent via email with supporting documents added to the application form PDF. Use the digital signature feature of the PDF format. If that is not possible, the email transmission of the application will be accepted as electronically “signing” the form.
- Letters of reference must be sent directly to ASPRS by the person writing the reference as an email attachment. A separate email is required for each reference for each application.
1. One original, official transcript[s] should be mailed or electronically delivered directly to ASPRS by your educational institution.
2. A copy of your official transcript[s] MUST be included as part of your electronic application. If you are submitting multiple applications, each application must contain the transcript copies;
3. Only one, original, official transcript is required which serves to verify the copies submitted.
4. Foreign language transcripts or documents must be translated into English by an official translating agen
- Applications for ASPRS scholarships and awards must include the ASPRS application form unless indicated otherwise.
- You may apply for more than one award, but you must submit a separate application for each award requested.
All Applicants MUST:
- Be active or student members of ASPRS for most awards. (Visit the ASPRS website or contact the membership department at the address or phone number below for information about the benefits of ASPRS membership.)
- Submit the required number of letters of reference with each application from faculty members who have knowledge of the applicant’s capabilities.
- Submit a separate application including transcript copies, for each award.
- Arrange to have official transcripts, in English, arrive by the deadline.
ALL COMPLETE APPLICATIONS, INCLUDING REFERENCE LETTERS ANDTRANSCRIPTS, MUST BE RECEIVED AT ASPRS NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT,EASTERN TIME ON OCTOBER 17, 2012.
DELAYS IN CYBER SPACE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Most awards call for specific additional information, such as applicant statements, to complete the application. Please read the award descriptions carefully for details. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
The awards will normally be made annually, as long as sufficient funds are available. If the committee deems there are no applications of sufficient quality to warrant approval, no award will be given that year. Any application that does not comply in its entirety with the terms stated above and/or with the terms of the specific award(s) applied for will be ineligible.
The contact information for ASPRS awards and scholarships is:
ASPRS Scholarship Administrator
5410 Grosvenor Lane, Suite 210
Bethesda, MD 20814